I would like to take this opportunity to announce the beginning of the D2Care Board of Director elections for 2009. Five positions need to be filled. Please take a moment to review the information below and consider joining the Board of Directors where you can make a direct impact on the running of D2Care.
In order to be eligible for voting in this election, your membership application and dues must be received by February 15. Directions to the Members Only Chatroom will be provided prior to the March and May Members Only Meetings. Directions on entering the Voting Booth on the D2Care Website will be provided prior to the start of voting.
Board Elections-Policy Statement
Board elections will occur every two years, on odd years. Only half of the Board positions will be replaced every two years with a 5/4/5/4 pattern.
- In January of the appropriate year, an announcement will be made to the Membership that candidate applications are being accepted. These applications will be forwarded to the Membership Development Committee. (see the Bylaws for eligibility criteria: http://www.d2care.org/aboutus/bylaws/article3.php).January 20, 2009 (http://www.d2care.org/aboutus/committees.php)
- In mid-February, no further candidate entries will be accepted. The Membership Development Committee will review the candidate applications to assure compliance with eligibility criteria. February 15, 2009
- The 1st Sunday of March, approved applications will be posted on the organizations website in the “Members only” section. The Membership will have approximately 2 weeks to review the entry applications. March 1, 2009
- The Membership Meeting on the 3rd Sunday of March will be used primarily for Members to ask questions of the candidates. March 15, 2009
- The electronic voting booth will be opened the day following the Members meeting. The voting booth is in the “Members Only” section of the organizations website. March 16, 2009
- Voting will continue until the 1st Sunday of May. Periodic reminders will be sent to Members to assure as many Members as possible the opportunity to vote. May 3, 2009
- The Membership Development Committee will review the electronic election results, comparing with their handwritten results for accuracy.
- The announcement will be made to the Membership at the Members meeting the 3rd Sunday of May. The agenda for this meeting will include the Treasurers report. May 17, 2009
Board Candidacy Entry Form
State/country of residence:
Are you over 21? Yes (__) No (__)
Member of D2Care since: ________________________
Do you have a computer and internet access? Yes (__) No (__)
Do you belong to another national or international organization or group with substantially the same purpose and objectives as D2Care? Yes (__) No (__) If yes, please describe:
Do you agree to abide by the Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws and other policies of D2Care? Yes (__) No (__)
Do you belong to an internet dog list or group? Yes (__) No (__) If yes, please describe all.
What dog related activities have you participated in? (Examples: rescue, agility?)
Do you or have you owned a deaf dog? Yes (__) No (__)What do you think the D2Care needs to accomplish in the next 12 months?
Where do you see D2Care being in the next four years?
What do you see your role as in accomplishing this plan?