07.13.08 D2Care Board Meeting Minutes
Started at 5:04pm PST, ended at 7:03pm PST
Attendance: Jennifer Laus, Katrina McGinnis, Myra Ellis, Laura Brown, Monica Kaskey, Rhonda Champion, Kara Gilmore, Lori Skinner, and Becca Incledon
Review of May 4, 2008 Meeting Minutes:
* 05.04.08 meeting minutes â€“ deferred to September meeting to allow board members time to review the meeting minutes after Monica post the meeting minutes. Katrina motioned to defer the May meeting minutes until September. Motion passed.
* Myra reported that the bank sent notice that they will start charging fees for service, so Myra will look for another no-cost bank before September.
* Treasurer’s report accepted and filed.
* Membership Development committee: Emailed renewal letters on May 25th. Still have members who have not renewed yet. Another round of renewal letters will go out on July 14th (a month behind). Bylaws state that members are considered delinquent from July 1 to July 30 then they are terminated. Becca motioned to use the word lapse in both types of mailings (email and snail mail) and on the website. Motion passed.
* Rhonda moved the word Lapse/lapsed replace the words terminated or expire in any reference to membership. Motion passed.
* Myra moved to take revisions of the renewal letter to the board list for final wording. Jennifer seconded Myra’s motion. Motion passed.
* Community Outreach committee: Rhonda moved to allow Monica to revise the brochure and present it to the board via email. Laura seconded the motion. Motion passed.
* Merchandise committee: no report
* Grants & Affiliates committee: No new activity to report.
* Web committee: No report.
* Aid committee: Aid applications approved.
No old business.
* Per Bylaws, the Bylaws committee has 120 days to bring any recommendations back to the Board. Not much action has been taken due to people being busy. Myra moved to lift the time constraint and the work will continue on the committee list with due diligence being put forth to complete work on anything needed that is pending or upcoming. Laura seconded the motion. Motion passed.
* Jennifer motioned that the board discuss regenerating interest in D2Care to the Board list. Kara seconded the motion. Motion passed.
Business to be completed on the Board List, Committee Lists, or at the next board meeting:
* Katrina’s proposal on how to deal with delinquent renewal dues.
* Monica will revise the community outreach brochure and present it to the board via the Board email list.
* Monica will post the May meeting minutes to the files.
* Myra will search for another bank that does not charge fees for service.
* Discussion on how to regenerate interest in D2Care will take place on the Board email list.
Katrina moved to adjourn the meeting. Kara seconded the motion. Meeting adjourned at 7:03pm PST.